Thursday, April 1, 2010

Where did that boy go??

I'm finding out more and more each day that I have a little monkey on my hands! I thought Azlyn was curious when she was a little tot. She never did this though!

We have no air conditioning in our house right now so when we left for work this morning we opened lots of windows so it would be somewhat cool when I got off work today(b/c it was so hot in there when we got home yesterday). When we first got in the house, Azlyn went upstairs and Asher was playing in a box of toys we have downstairs in the living room and I told her I would get her something to snack on soon. Azlyn asks for a snack a few minutes later and I walk through the living room and to the kitchen and see no Asher so I ask her, "is Asher up there with you?" her response "no, do you have my snack??" WHAT?? where is he?? I start yelling through the house and I hear this little voice that sounds like he is outside...he WAS! The other day while Troy and I are sitting there with the kids,they pushed out the window in the living room and it was still on the window but broken so he decided to go right through again!! He was sitting there gardening in the flowers! I got him back in, scolded him(scared him a bit too) and after some crying I said, how about some strawberries? We sit down at the table and he asks for cheese and oranges and blackberries...he's obviously going to be eating for a while so I run back to the front room and start picking it up. I walk back in a few MINUTES later and see some fruit on the table and no Asher..."Azlyn, is Asher up there with you??"...."NO". I had already shut the front window and looked at the kitchen windows and they both had the screen in tact...I then took a closer look at the kitchen window and saw he had pushed it out on the bottom not totally knocking it off but enough to SQUEEZE through to the outside. WHAT?!? I go running around the house to find him gardening AGAIN. He's a little Houdini! After another scolding trying to tell him how sad I would be if something happened to him and how we stay INSIDE the house he cried a bit and says "alright". I then go close every window in the house and now realize I can only open windows when I stay in the room with him the whole time. We need AC quick!

I have got my hands full with these kiddos! I love them to death though and they make me smile all day, even on the tough days:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers