Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

He's not here, he has risen!! What a fabulous weekend we had celebrating what Christ did for us!!

Friday Troy and I were both off so we had a nice relaxing time with our family and that night my mom and dad took the kids for the night and we were able to go out on a date. The kids ended up spending the night since the next morning we were all leaving bright and early to go to my cousin's daughter's 4 yr old birthday party at a Chuck E Cheese in Arlington. We had such a great time seeing extended family. I wish I had pictures to share from that morning but my camera was dead, oops, better get home and get that charged! That I did, we had a full evening ahead of us. My parents came over and went with us to church, which was an awesome and very moving service then we went home to color eggs and make resurrection cookies before going to bed pretty late. The resurrection cookies were so much fun to do, having the kids get a bit more understanding for what Christ went through on his journey to the cross. The next morning Azlyn opened up the 'tomb' and found our cookies, they didn't rise quite like they should have but they were ultimately empty and tasted good which I wasn't really expecting.

Azlyn woke up bright and early on Sunday morning and found the baskets of eggs that we were supposed to have already been laid all over the yard, oops! I told her that the bunny left us baskets of eggs to go and hide for her, she was ok with that idea! I had already prepped our whole brunch the night before but Azlyn helped me get all that cooked up and ready for family to come over. After opening lots of candy and more in baskets it was the big egg hunt time and this time I can safely say she did not walk away empty handed. Asher at times dumped his smaller bucket into the big bucket so he could fill it up with more eggs, haha. After we opened all the eggs we put it in a nice bowl and left it out for everyone to share that day so it wouldn't all be eatin by my children and myself:)

Troy had been craving crawfish and so last minute we were able to find a 20 lb bag at the Kroger across the street that someone had ordered and flaked out on, yay for us!! We invited our friends Levi and Angela and their daughter Lizzie over and we had ourselves one fun crawfish boil! Troy works with Levi at the college (Levi is kind of his boss, can he kind of be a boss without being one haha? I guess so!)and Lizzie is Azlyn's age so they love playing together. We (that being primarily Troy, dad and Levi) successfully devoured 20 lbs of crawfish and all walked away stuffed.

It was a great weekend spent in the company of great friends and family! I hope you like pictures because this post has lots of them, get ready:)

Coloring Eggs

Asher felt left out that I wouldn't let him pour water into the dyed water so this was what I let him do, he knew no difference:)
Waiting....
Now let's see what happens if I mix these two colors....

This was one of the eggs Azlyn wrote on, I thought she did a great job writing her name a round object!
Making Resurrection Cookies

Asher beating the pecans
Azlyn took this very seriously as she remembered the pain Jesus went through for us
Tasting salt to represent the tears shed by Jesus's followers
Reading scriptures while we add ingredients
Opening the tomb
Here they are!
Enjoying the cookies bright and early in the morning:)
Easter Brunch and Egg hunt


Azlyn showing us the spread, light but tasty!
Asher dumping his basket so he can fill it up again
Azlyn is such a sweet sister and kept handing eggs to Asher!
Asher took a break from hunting to try and throw the eggs over the fence....
One final egg to be found up in the tree
Our Family Easter 2010
Asher enjoying some of his easter basket finds
Spending some time outside with Asher's motorcycle
Me and Troy and the 26 week belly

The kids kept being so goofy while I tried to take pictures, I posted all of them to shutterfly these were just a few of the cute ones
Sweet Siblings!

Awwww, they really love each other:)
Mommy and Azlyn

The Crawfish Boil

Troy going in for the kill, he sacrificed his hands so we could get the crawfish in the basket!

Azlyn really enjoyed playing with the crawfish and Lizzie thought they smelled good! hmmm??



3 comments:

  1. oh my. They're outfits are SOOO cute. Is Azlyn's dress from Target? I think I saw it, but Keira is now in the big girls XS sizes! We totally didnt dye eggs this year! bad parents, bad. Love the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah. And since you're having another girl. I'll take any all all boy clothes donations. haha. Except 0-6 months. His dresser is full! ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, yea I bet!! Well, I handed off most all of my boy clothes to my friend Leslie who just had a boy in Nov since they were the same season, but once he starts outgrowing his bigger sizes now I'll be saving it all for you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers