Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring has sprung in my yard!

This entry is for my horticulturist big brother John! Of course I went outside at the suniest part of the day in my yard so some of my pictures are very back lit, please forgive me:) I love having lots of perrenials so I don't have as much work to do in yard each spring. I still have lots of bare spots to fill in and I try to spend a little bit each year filling them in, but gardening can cost! I like seedlings from my mom's garden. So far that's where I have received a large portion of my plants and so it will take some time for it to fill out but I think this is the year! Starting to look good and I have some gorgeous blooms out there.



This really is not a great picture at all, but look at my roses that I transplanted in front of the fence! They came back and bigger than before!! I need to do a lot of weeding around these bushes but they will be beautiful this year.
I have tried for 2 years to get this to grow and this is the biggest it has ever been, crossing my fingers the bunnies don't eat it away again!! I have 2 more in other parts of the yard I hope to fill out some open areas.
Rock Rose
These will probably only stay bloomed another week or 2 so I figured I better snap a picture now!
Japanese Maple looking amazing:)

My birthday red oak (2 years old), gifted to me from my parents it's a great addition to the house and I hope to see it grow to be a beautiful solid and tall oak! So far so good, I haven't killed it, haha:) Awe...memories of digging that hole, what a sweet husband, dad and friends I have! That is my sweet Asher digging underneath the tree:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers