Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to School: Kindergarten

I must ask, WHEN DID MY BABY GIRL GROW UP???

Seriously though, when did she grow up to be this strong and independent little girl that walked off to kindergarten yesterday?? I remember her first foods, first crawl, first steps and how excited I was with each of them. I am excited that she is off to school but so sad that it ends her preschool years at home with me. I am so proud of my sweet spirited girl that entered a whole new world as she walked into that class.  I pray and know that she will be such a light to the teacher and her peers in her class this year. Good luck Azlyn!!

And with that, here is just a little run down of our back to school adventure!

The Preparations:
Makenna was so sweet and made Azlyn feel so special!!


Meet the Teach Night





Snow Cone Social
 Saturday morning there was a social at the school playground where we got to meet other kindergartners.  I thought this was a great idea and Azlyn was able with kids that were in her class which made for a much easier start to school!


The Big day

Up and at 'em!







She had an awesome day and can't stop talking about it.  We've heard all about her new friends, her favorite part of the day (math), and heard all the songs they sang through the day:) Today I planned on walking her to the front door of the school and when we got to the front curb of the school she said "Ok, I got it from here.  You don't have to walk me all the way up there"....
and then I walked over to the main walk so I could watch her walk in and she says "mom, you don't have to follow me!" OMG! She doesn't need me anymore....

1 comment:

Followers