Saturday, May 22, 2010

Azlyn is the BIG 4!!!!


Azlyn Michelle Doucet- I can't believe it has been 4 years that we have been blessed to spend with this amazing and precious little girl. Our lives were forever changed the day she was born and we love everyday with her, she has such a sweet and positive spirit, a quirkiness that makes us laugh all day and the most precious love for her little brother (and soon to be sister.)

May 14th was her birthday and it was an early morning for me because I had to bring my mom to the airport at 5 am so she could go meet my dad and brother to help them move into Justin's new home in Colorado. Yay Bubbi, you're a homeowner now! After I dropped her off I stopped and got some sprinkled donuts, Azlyn's favorite:) When I woke her up that morning I started singing to her and as I got to the second verse she jumps up and says "am I 4???? Is today the day I'm 4?? I need to go look in the mirror and see how much bigger I am!!!" She ran to our full mirror and was immediately convinced she had grown a few inches...overnight I guess??:) I love her little imagination, she was reaching up high to touch things she just knew she wouldn't have been able to the day before. Asher woke up shortly later and the first person he asked for was Azlyn and he knew it was her birthday and ran in the kitchen to say "happy burday Azyn!!" they give each other the sweetest hug I've ever seen and he sings to her all by himself. Oh these two melt my heart!! Azlyn all morning kept saying " oh, thank you...Oh wow, this is the best day ever!"


Celebration Of Life

That day at school was her 'Celebration of life'. It's a neat time when we celebrate the childs life and the parents share special things about different milestones and the kids feel so special. We brought in a poster with a picture of her from each year of her life and after she shares a bit she carries an earth around the sun 4 times to represent her journey of life so far. I love Montessori and the special way they celebrate birthdays. Azlyn was beaming as they sang to her and she happily shared her homemade cupcakes.

Azlyn walking her earth around the sun
Serving up cupcakes
Asher diving into some cupcake
Family Dinner

That night we did our small family dinner and celebration. I had told her she could pick her favorite dinner and that's what I would make, her pick was a very long list..Mac n cheese, meat(lunchmeat? yes...) applesauce, cheese, strawberries, watermelon and oranges. Needless to say we didn't have all of this so we changed the lunch meat to Steak since that is her favorite dinner meat, mac n cheese and kept the rest pretty simple so we would have room for cake!
We had her open all of her gifts but forgot the BIG one which she ended up getting a few days later b/c we kept forgetting(give us a break though it was hidden in the garage)...we are horrible parents!

So thankful for Asher's gift (My Litte Pony Carousel)
She made me put My little Pony toys on her cake:)
She is wishing REALLY hard...
BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!

Her birthday party was that Sunday and after a week full of days fore-casted with rain, it never rained and we were able to have to party at the park as planned, yay!!! I wasn't ready for 17 kids in my house! My little pony rock star party was a success and she had a blast and walked away with a lot of fun crafts for this summer. We had fun playing on the amazing park play scape, playing guitars and singing on microphones, hitting the pinata, a fun freeze dance daddy headed up and lots of cake and presents!


Ready for the day!
Azlyn and Katie (her cousin)


Katie, Azlyn and Emma (Azlyn's best friend)
Freeze dance!!
Pinata time
enjoying the rewards of the pinata
jewels!!
Levi at the bean bag throw

She takes this wishing very seriously!!
Buds
The Forgotten and late present...


By the end of the week we decided to bring out the big present......

Did you see that face??? yea she loved it!!


By the end of the weekend we were all EXHAUSTED to say the least! My baby had fun and each day she is still telling everyone she is 4. Yesterday at the birth center the midwife casually mentioned how big Azlyn has gotten and her eyes lit up " It's because I'm 4 now!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers