Friday, October 15, 2010

Fair Day!


Oh the Great state of Texas, I love the way they do it BIG! We went to state fair last week and had so much fun. Troy gets free tickets from school and that along with bringing an ice chest and parking for free down the street, we get by pretty cheap for a family of five...because you can't go to the fair without eating something fried!


It was probably because we were packed out like this that as we walked in sweet people handed us their leftover food tickets as they left, sweet!! We figured if we could keep all of them in the stroller no one would get lost right?!?!....


First order of business was the hands on the farm exhibit where they feed their animals, plant seeds and then sell them all at marker to then make money at the end and buy a little snack with.




This was one of their favorite parts, I love these little tractors they can ride!



We had gotten the fair decently early in the day and that's when all the shows are so we wanted to hit a few before they all ended for the day, first one Pirate of the Carribean. It's a cute little comedic diving showing. The divers are awesome, they do incredibly high dives into this little pool!!

Right before this next picture was taken was our horrible scare of the day. So we had thought shoving all the kids in the stroller would keep us free of losing anyone, not so. We were walking through the midway on the way to the bird show and Asher apparently saw a game, toy, or something he wanted and jumped off the front of the stroller, when we neared the end of the midway I leaned over to check on him and he wasn't there. I asked Troy if he saw him just jump off and he hadn't either so Troy took off running back and Asher had made his way all the way back to the front of the midway at the cops station, I could see him through the crowd and could see he was in a panic running from everyone trying to help and the policeman. Poor guy, didn't know whether to get upset or just love on him! After we got him back I sat and snuggled with him for a few minutes and after his heart rate went down a bit more, I strapped that boy in and we moved on. Scariest moment of my life, if I had a heart condition I think I might have died.


Birds of the Wild show, a must see each year at the fair. This year one of the eagles that they have had for over 20 years past away and they played a video at the end of the show, Azlyn cried and cried she was so sad about the eagle that died. She's such a sweet and emotional little girl, I love her!!

Petting Zoo



And to end a great day, a parade through the park!

The Marines

We all went home safe and sound and fully exhausted, I love the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers