Wow, It's been over a month since my last post and I've come to realize that that might just be normal now:) We have had a good deal going on lately but I sure haven't found time to blog at all. Adelaide will be 8 weeks on Thursday and I feel like I am finding a groove with the kids, household chores and such and in general having a life. I have actually planned our dinners out a week ahead ( I hope to have a month planned ahead) and that alone makes me feel accomplished when at the end of the day I don't have to sit and think...what's in the pantry, what can I cook?? I have also been working on what our fall will look like. I want to make sure to do 'preschool' at home. Azlyn is already reading and working on addition and I definitely want her to progress and I want to work more with Asher too. But for me to actually make that happen I have to give myself a schedule and get us on a routine or it won't happen half the time. I learned a lot working at the Montessori and so I plan to use some of that knowledge with my own children:) I'm actually going to order some stuff from Montessori websites to work with that I'm excited about. I can tell Asher really looks up to his sister so he's anxious to learn some of this stuff so he can be like her:) It was cute the other day we were doing addition using raisins and he was trying to add just like her "I did it, I did it!! High five!" He's precious.
As you know, Troy has been unemployed for a number of months and this month for our family has been a turning point! Troy had two classes he taught for summer-mester II at the college nearby and today was his first day of actual classes at Grapevine Faith Christian school where he is the bible teach for 8th, 9th and 10th grade. Mr. Doucet! He hates that though...wishes it could be Professor Doucet but he'll survive. He's looking forward to it and loves the staff over there and really enjoyed meeting all the kids today. Looks like it's going to be a great year. It's great being employed again!!
One of the big events we had lately was the Krenek family reunion. This is my mom's side of the family. I loved seeing all my family and loved that even my cousin in Florida was able to fly in with her fiance. It's always a fun time with the Kreneks!! It's only one day for the reunion but will fill it with fun. Friday night those that were in town went to Southern Junction a country dancing club in Rockwall, TX and then Saturday we visited my Nana then grilled and swam over at my parents house. Here's some pictures from the weekend:)
Another adventure I have jumped into is cloth diapering and so far I am loving it. Cloth diapering has been something I have wanted to do since Asher was born but the upfront cost was so outrageous (so I thought) and after a bit of research I quit looking into. This go round after reading more and more articles about the chemicals in the disposable diapers and what all of that is linked to, I knew I had to find an alternative. I began using Seventh Generation diapers which are unbleached and chemical free but as you go up in size the cost gets much greater so my only other option was cloth and the search was on for a decent price for everything I would need. After advice on different brands and diapers suggestions from friends I bought a few diapers in two different types to try some out and make sure I liked it. It's working out great for us and now that I know which ones I like the Bum Genius Flip Diapers, I just need to order some more so I don't have to keep supplementing with disposables while I'm laundering. Ya know when your baby is going to wear something for the first two or more years of their life you really want to make sure it's healthy for them and I love knowing that this is.
Azlyn working on her writing

Adelaide's first doctor appt. She was a week old and almost back to birth weight, now she's a chunk at about 13 lbs!
Our first outing with all 5 of us to Gatti town
We don't even have to spend money on the games...they think they are playing them and we aren't going to tell them otherwise, he's loving the drums!

KRENEK FAMILY REUNION
Southern Junction
Azlyn is showing Nana how to dance

Aunt Marguerite and Adelaide

Cousins Bethany, my mom and Christina

me and Azlyn

Uncle Mike and Aunt Marguerite

Troy and me



Dancing with Daddy

J and me

Asher and Grampy

Even Adelaide hit the dance floor

Golden Acres to visit Nana
Nana loves little kids and she kept staring at Adelaide, so sweet:)

Adelaide meeting Oma (my nana who we call Oma for my kiddos b/c Azlyn was totally confused as a young girl having two Nana's...of course!)

My Nana and me







Nana and Adelaide

The infamous POOP discussion group, awe the memories:)




The yummiest cobblers!!!! Thank you Aunt Melonie!

And of course what is cobbler without the blue bell ice cream, enjoy!

And for fun......Who is who??? Leave your guess in the comments area. Which is Azlyn and which is Adelaide. I'm sure you will all guess correctly but it's fun anyways. The ages in the pictures are different, I need to remedy this for future pics and take them at the right time.




No comments:
Post a Comment