Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring is here!

Hi again! Seeing as how my last post was about our mini snow storm it's quite evident we are overdue for a post and we have done fun stuff in the in between time that I've wanted to post about but never seem to find time to.  We did a weekend trip to San Antonio which included lots of fun stops, a camping trip, and lots of gardening which I will continue posting updates of as our little garden grows! Today I am just shocked to have time to actually sit, go through pictures and post something.  The weather is crummy, a thunderstorm with lots of lightning which means no playing in the rain, aww.  So we are snuggled up in bed watching Polar express and the Grinch and I'm seizing the opportunity to do some updates. We love seasonal decorating here so after we got our garage moved around to some kind of order after building Troy's man cave and I could reach my decorations I got to it.





Azlyn is totally into decorating, she has a mini pink tree that stays year round and she puts seasonal ornaments on it.  Right now she has eggs on it.  I find her adjusting them regularly.  I also find things around the house that have been moved around and when I ask her she tells me "I'm just being a mommy and decorating some things"  I love this sweet girl!  And one of her latest kicks is to set the table.  Setting the table for her means getting everything out, pouring drinks and making sure she prepares some kind of food for the plates.  Here I found she had, peeled oranges and cut up a banana with a few small crackers on the side for each of us for lunch!  She's such a little hostess, it's precious!


This has also fallen over into the cleaning category too, these two kids will fight over who can help me sweep or clean the table, which is awesome because we have definitely been working on our spring cleaning.  Lots of cleaning and house projects (another HUGE thanks to my dad and hubby for working so hard on getting things fixed around the house!!) going on for the kids to help out on.

As for our garden I need to get some updated pictures of everything that is sprouting but here is a shout out to my AMAZING husband and dad who tilled garden and framed it all for me. The kids are having a blast watching everything grow. We had no asparagus one day and the next we had one that had sprouted 8 inches, how fun! 


This is just a cute picture of Adelaide from our St. Patricks day party, headband only lasted a few minutes but I was able to snap a picture in that time.


This past weekend Azlyn and I left the boys at home and went to watch a good family friend Rachel dance in the Plano East Golden Girls Spring Show.  It was so much fun, Azlyn was on the edge of her seat the whole time.  Watching her was entertainment in itself.  I hope that come football season she won't be persuaded by the cheerleaders and will remember the awesomeness that is drill team!;)


1 comment:

  1. Sweet girl Azlyn! I enjoy it when my boys get into everything home but it lasts about 3 minutes haha. I think that's awesome she gets into decorating and prepping like you do- she has a heart of service like her mama; great job! :) I'm just not into gardening lol hopefully soon I can find time to learn more about it!

    And my oh my we sure do love everything that's drill team! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers