I love snow days, I mean who knew living in Texas could get you this much snow!! These two pictures are actually from the snow fall we had three days into our ice/snow days and that's when the real fun happened. Troy being a teacher sure is nice when it comes to bad weather days. He had a 1 day work week last week. Not bad! He did come down with cabin fever by Wednesday but he was able to get out with his brother to a movie. I on the other hand am used to staying home with three little ones and this wasn't much different than normal day to day except that we didn't have as much food in the house and we couldn't play outside. I was stocked with craft supplies and had fun making stuff all week.
When there is this much snow covering the roads you know it is cold outside, I LOVE it!!
In the morning it was still snowing real snow (I say real snow because our first go round on Monday night was a wintry mix that basically only left an icy layer all over that made going outside impossible unless you wanted to hurt yourself) and they were ecstatic to see flakes. Asher at one point grabbed a snack and sat down on the bar chairs and just watched out the windows. *Side note* The bar chairs were in the living room like this because we had a pipe burst above our garage and I had to move in tubs of all our stuff that was underneath the leak. Luckily we caught it early and it could have been much worse!
After we got the water issue under control, it was time to play. It was still upper teens, maybe low 20's so we bundled up really well. It was nice having a snow bib handy:)
We walked down to the end of our street and attempted sledding down the hill on a rubber maid lid. This didn't work so well...
Poor Asher was freezing and his little nose was so red.
After a few attempts on the lid and Asher really not enjoying the freezing temps we called it a day.
We ended the day by the fire reading stories and roasting marshmallows for s'mores and drinking hot cocoa...can life get any better than this:)
The next day I talked my parents into making a trip across town with the real sleds to show these kiddos how its really done!
Back to the hill we went...
And sledding worked out much better this time! Troy pulled each of them around while the other sledded.
I even took to the sled to prove that I could play without heading the ER, success! Let's hope all my kids have better coordination than me...
playing hide and seek in the woods with Grampy
Our Snow Day
February 2011


























What a cute bunch of snow bunnies :)
ReplyDeleteYea for no ER for you... :) Memories...
ReplyDelete